Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bradley's First Hike

Bradley takes a moment to prepare for the arduous hike ahead. Titan helps him in his meditations.















After Bradley has prepared himself, and Kim and I have loaded up everything for Bradley's diaper bag (you know, everything including the kitchen sink and then some), we are off.

In Albuquerque there's hot days, really hot days...well I think that's it...oh yeah there was that one day where it was kind of cloudy and rained a little. Well, on a day when it's 95 degrees outside, what better than to go on a hike in the desert (this is why Brad needed to prepare himself). Well, we actually went to the one part of Albuquerque where it's green, which is right by the river, a little oasis running down the middle of town. The hike was short but fun. Bradley seemed to enjoy himself. The hike went along the Rio Grande River, right in the middle of town.

Little does Kim know it at this point, but she is soon going to come face to face with something she now fears as much as fire.















That's right, a snake. On our way back to the car, I saw a branch and some sticks on the trail. I just walked by them, but as I was doing so, Kim jumped back and yelled "Snake!" I looked down, and, sure enough, about a foot and a half away was a yellow snake a few feet long crossing the trail. It wasn't coiled up and didn't have a rattle, and just kept moving to the other side of the trail.

So, we survived Bradley's first hike by the Rio Grande River.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, the snake was at least 5 ft. long. It, for sure, wanted to kill me. Of this, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from you!